Saturday, April 19, 2014

4-14-2014

Hey everyone!!

I hope y'all had a good week and enjoyed the fair!! (I hate to admit it but I'm starting to say y'all more and more) No one here says "you guys" it's just y'all. ha so you start to feel like you have to say it in order to speak their language! 
It's been a good week. Just sort of slow and steady. A lot of missionary work that you don't expect is having to be patient! Knowing the gospel is true, it's hard to see how some people don't immediately want to get baptized! haha but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. I don't expect or want anyone to take my word for it so we invite everyone to study and pray about the Book of Mormon and get their answer from Heavenly Father. If you have a sincere desire to learn and real intent to act on the answer He gives you then he will answer you. But it does often take time. 
Last week we had a Sister's Conference with all the sister missionaries here in South Carolina. It was so nice and gave me the boost I needed! Many of the talks were centered on having trust in Heavenly Father and his timing so that's what I am working on. In Ether 12:6 it says that it's AFTER the trial of our faith that God will show Himself to us. (side note: I saw Jef Holm! He was was here visiting and stopped by the church during the conference. It was the strangest thing actually seeing him haha) But anyways, the day after the conference was the best day! I wish every day could be like that and I'm working hard to try and make it be. Every morning we have what we call "standing quotes" and there are a few different things that we stand and quote. One of them is, "I love tough things, I'm the first to do tough things, I do tough things first, I love being a missionary!" So through out the day I often have to repeat this to myself and it really does help. Friday morning while saying our quotes I just told myself I was really going to put myself out there today and love tough things! I know that the only way to learn and grow is to put yourself in those hard, uncomfortable and 'tough' situations. After making this personal goal and committing to the Lord that I was going to put all my trust in Him, I saw little miracles happen all day! We more than doubled our goal of contacts to make and scheduled more return appointments than any other day before! It was so neat to just see all the little tender mercies of Heavenly Father. During the sister's conference President Holm was making a reference to football and trials. He said that sometimes we fall, and it's okay to fall. As long as you are falling forward because eventually you will make it to the end zone and score a touch down. Kinda cheesy ha but I really liked this and it is so true. We need to have patience with ourselves and know that sometimes it's okay to fall as long as you get back up and keep working towards that end goal. I know that with the guidance of the Holy Ghost and through the Atonement we can and will make it to our end goals. We just have to fall forward. 
I love and miss you all more than you can imagine and I am so grateful for your support. I wouldn't be on a mission with out your love and support so I hope you know what a big part each of you are in all the lives of the people I am able to teach and share the gospel with you. 
If you haven't already heard about it the First Presidency has come up with what they're called the "Easter Initiative." It's a way for everyone to be involved in hastening the work through social media. This week they will be posting different memes and videos every day to be shared through your facebook and other social media sites and they made a video called Because of Him. If you haven't already seen it then please go watch it and share it with everyone you know! The video will be on the YouTube homepage on Easter Sunday and they're estimating it will be seen by 109 million people! The site is www.mormon.org/becauseofhim
I love you all and hope you have a great week and Happy Easter!!!

Love,

Sister Hendrix4-

No comments:

Post a Comment